Thursday, February 5, 2015

I'm not Oprah or Julie Andrews.

by Elizabeth Van Allen for scribblesbyartteachervanallen.blogspot.com/

Nobody would ever mistake me for Julie Andrews or Oprah (not that I wouldn't mind having that kind of influence), but that doesn't mean I can't give a shout out to a few favorite everyday, make-life-a-little-easier things that I love.  I can't give them away and if I sing about them you might change the channel, so I'll make this a quick commercial break of unsolicited and unpaid (hint hint ahem) product plugs.


Tip: Attach a piece of cardboard
to the inside lid of a storage
case to test your markers!
Favorite Tool: Paint Pens

I use sharpie oil-based paint pens for everything in the classroom from posters and signs to labeling student tables.  These amazing paint pens don't bleed, run or fade.  When laminated the paint stays true to color and keeps a sharp edge.  While I wouldn't let my students use them due to their slight odor, extreme permanence and cost, they are a permanent addition to my teacher toolkit. 


Favorite Comfort: oz Miracle Insole

If your feet ache at the end of the day give these a try!  Your tootsies will be back to normal in no time thanks to the magic of the 2 oz Miracle Custom Molding Insole.  I've tried just about every reasonably priced insole on the market and I keep coming back to these.  The 2 oz miracle costs less than $10 and can usually be purchased in more budget-minded grocery stores.  They last forever and are easy to trim to the right shape/size.  I've used them in everything from flats to heels to boots.  Since they're super thin they work without changing the fit of the shoe.  


Favorite Impulse Buy: Stoppy

My art room has very heavy doors that are not a normal distance from the ground.  Consequently, regular doorstops are useless in my classroom.  For two years I had to tie my door handle to the handle of an exit door in order to keep it open for conferences and back-to-school nights.  In my head I sound like a bad infomercial salesman as I write this, but I've finally found my answer.

I have the solution to all of your doorstop needs and it's called the Stoppy.  Now go back and re-read that last statement, but imagine that the sound in your brain has just been turned up to 11 and I am shout-talking in a very enthusiastic manner.  Go ahead, I'll wait.  Seriously though, this Stoppy door stop is amazing.  If you ever see these in the store, get one.  Infomercial over.  

What products have made 
your everyday life 
a little more user friendly?

No comments:

Post a Comment