Thursday, May 21, 2015

You Know You're An Art Teacher When... #5: T-shirts

by Elizabeth Van Allen  for scribblesbyartteachervanallen.blogspot.com

You know you're an art teacher when... your t-shirt drawer could be mistaken for a cottony collection of art posters.  I proudly present to you a small sampling from my vast collection of art- and artist- themed T's!

I'm a sucker for anything related to the color wheel, and this shirt is no exception.  From one of my favorite shrines to affordable consumerism, shirt.woot!  
My Uncle Branton gave me this T for Christmas last year.  Staying in the artsy spirit, he paired it with an awesome tote bag from his visit to the Van Gogh museum in the Netherlands.
This is one of those beauties that I just can't let go.  Purchased from dELiA*s in my college days, it's still my go-to T when I'm face painting or feel the need to project my artsy-ness!
One of the newest additions to my collection is this ridiculously awesome Jean-Michel Basquiat number.  I admit, I was more than a little shocked when I first saw Forever 21's artist series clothing line.  While I usually shy away from this store (especially right after school lets out for the day- yikes!),  I braved the cooler-than-thou crowds of middle and high schoolers to find this life raft in a stormy sea of trendy teen fashions.
Do you have a favorite artsy t-shirt in your wardrobe?  Tell us about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment